|This wine from the Montepulciano grape in the D'Abruzzo region of Italy has a welcoming vibrant fruity nose followed by deep flavours of cherries in the mouth. Complex & balanced with a big finish Great style & flavour - recommended
Colour: Red 100% Montepulciano D'Abruzzo
great with red meats , cheese game & good Italian dishes
Feudo Antico was created on a small plot of land in the heart of Abruzzo. While planting new vines, the remains of a Roman building and an ancient tank for storing wine were unearthed.
The excavations moved forward, as did the vineyard work, and the business got to where it is today. From this the Tullum PDO was created, currently the smallest PDO area in Italy.
- Tullum PDO covers an extremely limited area - 300 hectares in the Municipality of Tollo in the province of Chieti - and is characterised by rigid production parameters.
- The density of cultivation must be no less than 3,300 vines per hectare, vinification and bottling must be carried out within the area, and grapes coming from vineyards located on the valley floor or situated at less than 80m above sea level are not permitted.
- The vines produce limited yields and only organic or low environmental impact winemaking techniques are used.
- To mature the wines they use glass-concrete containers and bottles in the cellar, with the exception of Reserve wines, to ensure thermal stability without resorting to refrigeration, and to allow the wine to express its natural qualities without coming into contact with wood.
- Only wild fermentation is used for the organic wines with minimal processing and no filtering.